Deception of Love


Can this be love you'd offered right now?
Do you feel affection for me somehow?
You tormented my emotions so deeply,
Isn't it true, that you love me tenderly?

Here's my hope to be your one true love,
Yet it turns out, my heart was just robed.
Why is your heart so deceitful?
Seems just lust it was, not true and faithful?

As for me, for my profound and sincere love,
I drowned my feelings for you, all above,
My heart was blinded by your feelings and enchanting,
I followed everything, promising everlasting.

Into your trap, I sadly fell in place,
When shall I escape this entangled maze?
Hopeful as it was, when I saw you smile,
Realizing it's deceitful, as I walk on the isle.

- Jerry Nuñez Bustillo

Comments

Check out the rest of my blog post at www.bustillo-family.blogspot.com