A Rose in my Heart


For you are like a gentle flower in bloom,
Whose beauty unfurls for all in the room.
Your scent and fragrance fill the air,
In the garden of thoughts so vibrant and fair.

I wish to finish this poem as a gift,
For a beauty so fine and truly adrift.
In cryptic phrases, I search and tap,
For verses that shine and break the gap.

How strange it is that I long for your grace,
Unique in beauty, none can replace.
You inspire the words that I couldn't write,
Expanding imaginations to a greater height.

A rose so fair I long to declare,
Ideas from my thoughts that I should bear.
Moments and hours turn vivid and bright,
With you, a radiant rose that blooms in sight.

Pure and true my heart feels inside,
Outer beauty matches your heart so wide.
A person like you with charm so rare,
Admirable, sincere, beyond compare.

Your charm is everlasting and grand,
Strength and beauty always in hand.
You fill my dreams towards a vibrant day,
To a colorful future come what may.

- Jerry Bustillo

Comments

Check out the rest of my blog post at www.bustillo-family.blogspot.com