Book of Mormon English to Cebuano Translation - Some Awkward Interpretation

I was reading one time in the Book of Mormon, and I planed to read some of the words from my own dialect or Language which is Cebuano. I was now living here in Luzon area where they used Tagalog Language, and I think that my Cebuano Language may be corrupted for some reason.
I talk a lot Tagalog in Work, in Home and even my Child was raise in a Tagalog dialect speaking environment. So, I'm thinking this would be the best opportunity to go back to my native tongue. I open up my apps (LDS Library) and there I begun reading from where I previously read in English. And to my surprise this seems awkward. I try to think on it over and over, but I think something's wrong in it. I contacted my Cousin in Cebu and forwarded the Screenshots and told them to compare. They didn't reply me back, so I ask one of my friends in Social media to help me about it if they know someone who could do the interpretation or have a direct contact of Cebuano-English Translator. As of now, I receive no reply about the interpretation.


Anyway, I uploaded the picture that I send to them and I think this will be the best opportunity to let everyone be aware about the things they read in regards to language interpretations. I am not saying that the Scriptures (either the Bible or The Book of Mormon) is not true, rather what I'm saying was that, it is better to understand everything you read. I believe that some of the reason why the Bible was wrong based on interpretation was that the version of translation is not directly from its original source, or possibly because of some Poor English Grammar and old styles from first version of interpretation. First edition was seems too much confusions, so I think that everyone should be aware everything they read, and don't rely on preachers only, but by the Holy Ghost through prayer. There are people out there who are non-believers and I thinks they are using most of the wrong interpretations to destroy legitimate words or just to find faults about the church.

In English - Helaman 14:20 from the Book of Mormon

In Cebuano Version - from Ang Basahon Ni Mormon




I added this interpretation for you to know how the Cebuano's Translation of Book of Mormon says -
Cebuano [ ... mabanhaw pag-usab gikan sa patay. ]
English for actual translation [ ... will resurrect again from the dead. ]
From English Original Words [ ... will rise again from the dead. ]

The word banhaw means resurrection
mabanhaw means will resurrect (almost identical as will rise in gospel subject terms, but not all uses the same term.)
nabanhaw means had resurrected

Will I am not good at it, but for sure the right word should be "Bangong"
Mobangon or Mibangon means rose or will rise
Nibangon means had risen

The meaning is the identical or almost the same but the usage is the main concern. I don't know for you or everyone else that will read the book. Anyway, as I had said, I am not contradicting the book and I love reading it, maybe language and interpretation makes a difference but it doesn't change the fact and legitimacy of the said book.

You may correct me if I'm wrong just contact me in the contact Form and I love to hear words from you guys.

Thank you.

Comments

Check out the rest of my blog post at www.bustillo-family.blogspot.com