Personal Journal Entry: Sunday Ministering and Family

March 15, 2026, woke up early in Santa Cruz, Zambales, para magbyahe to Bulawen, Paaluig, Zambales for a Sunday Service. Around 5am, nakaalis na kami at ang lamig ng panahon, kahit sa daan, ay sobrang lamig ng hangin. Nakaangkas ako sa asawa ko with Jasher and Saraijah sa loob ng trike. While on the way, dahil sa lamig ng hangin, kinakailangan pang huminto para mag-stretching at the same time makabili na rin ng ulam.

Got home around 7:00 a.m., so we hurried to prepare for Sunday service. I ironed the clothes while they took a shower, then we went to church. Actually, it's the 3rd Sunday of the month, so normally, we visit ward to ward, assisting their needs since I was one of the High Council members of the stake and my wife was one of the Stake Family History Coordinators. While at Church, we were visited by one of the Stake High Council members assigned for missionary work and a Stake Young Women Councilor.

The Sunday School class had a good topic about Joseph, who was sold by his Brothers in Egypt. Many good lessons were addressed, and I found it fascinating to reread the scriptures about Old Testament Stories. If you want to dive deeper into this topic, you can go directly to the Old Testament section of this blog, where I gather commentaries and insights.

Moving on, after the Sunday service, we got home and planned to have a ministering in some of our friends. The missionaries visited us and had a little chat about our family, and they got particularly interested in me and the things that I learned on my Mission. I told them a lot of things, and one of these was to take care of their companionship. I told them, if you got into the Companionship Inventory, try to involve yourself every time you found mistakes in your companionship. Instead of using the word "You have to change this..." try a different approach like "We have to change this..." This will guide them throughout their mission.

1 / 4

No comments: