Spending my Time


I wish I had more time ahead,
to do the things my heart has said.
I wish more memories of you would stay,
so all could know me in some way.

But time with us will softly fade,
a few brief moments, quickly made.
We couldn’t build what we once knew,
for every hour is numbered too.

If my time should come to a close,
I’d drift to where no burden grows.
Each passing second would stand still,
a quiet world bent to my will.

And if I could return and mend
The choices time would not defend,
I’d shape each moment, pure and free,
Exactly how it is meant to be.

I’d spend our days again once bright,
where nothing good just fades from sight.
Each place, each memory we made,
would never dim, nor ever fade.

And in that time and space once more,
I’d live the joy we knew before.
With you and me in perfect stay
I wish that time wouldn't slip away.

- Jerry N. Bustillo

No comments: